Thomas Novak, MD
- Fellowship: Pediatric Urology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Residency: Urology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Internship: General Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Medical School: Doctorate of Medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
About the Provider
Dr. Thomas Novak joined BHS Physicians Network to be part of our expanding network of pediatric subspecialty providers. This decision followed 20 years of service in the US Army, with his last position serving as program director for the urology residency program at Brooke Army Medical Center.
"I was proud to serve the families of our service men and women over the last 20 years and am looking forward to bringing the same level of commitment to the care of our community." Parents of the patients he cared for as a military physician, are following Dr. Novak to his private practice for the continuing care of their children.
Dr. Novak specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of pediatric urologic conditions from birth to young adulthood, with a special interest in incontinence. He is board certified by the American Board of Urology with additional Subspecialty Certification in Pediatric Urology. He has a personal commitment to humanitarian medicine and has personally planned and overseen medical missions.
Dr. Novak and his wife enjoy traveling and playing golf with their two children.
- Hydrocele/Undescended testicles
- Urinary tract dilation and obstruction/Prenatal counseling
- Voiding complaints/Incontinence/Nocturnal Enuresis
- Incontinence and Nocturnal Enuresis
- Urinary Tract Infection/Vesicoureteral reflux
- Neurogenic Bladder/Spina bifida
- Disorders of Sexual Differentiation